With no plans for Canadian Thanksgiving and a nice long weekend ahead, we decided to take a road trip and head down to Portland Oregon which is one of our favourite cities in the US. To our surprise Portland was hosting their annual marathon and the hotel prices were through the roof! Luckily we were able to find a great deal at the Kimpton Vintage. It’s super cool boutique pet friendly hotel located in the heart of Portland. Staying downtown with our fur ball, Costa the super dog, was great, and a little more challenging than expected. The pee spots were scarce and the vibe at night felt a little sketchy. Lucky for me, my wonderful husband volunteered to do take Costa out!
The trip was short and packed with good times and here are the highlights:
1) Kimpton Vintage Hotel for its level of service, amazing welcome for humans and furry friends, free wine tasting for you and your dog, cool décor and great location.
2) Mother’s restaurant for breakfast. Be prepared to wait in line and just know that it will totally be worth it.
3) Ground Kontrol for a few drinks while playing vintage video games to the sound of a local DJ.
4) Voodoo Donuts. I think I love the names of the donuts more than the actual donuts themselves. Chuckles guaranteed.
5) Cannon Beach for its pure natural beauty. It’s a short drive from Portland and well worth it. Take a long walk on the beach, bring your surfboard and definitely a wet suit!